I have had Admin Council for the last 3 days and I feel so wiped out today. As soon as I arrived home and sat down to eat my dinner - everyone else had already finished - I felt a great weariness. I think partly it is the feeling of being home again, though. Being able to relax and back in the heart of those I love most. Partly I think it is the intensity of 3 days of thinking, processing, listening and making decisions.
This morning I was getting lots of texts because almost everyone else on Council had been ill last night and they think it was the lunch yesterday but I did not eat the lunch as I had my own so I was fine : )
After dinner the kids entertained us with a rendition of "Who's the King of the Jungle" and "Hey there, funky chicken". It was very fun and they actually did a great job. I wish I had got the video camera out.
Naomi has left her babyness behind and is looking and acting much more as little girl. The other day when we read one of the Spot books she said, "you read this part and I'll read the sight words!" She could actually read most of the words behind the flaps. Tonight she was trailing her finger across the words as I read - not in sync with me but still she is definitely in the pre-reading stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment