Thursday, 10 February 2011

Running Commentary

I took Rose to an ENT doctor with a friend, her son and another child who all had questionable results from their test at school.
My friend and I had to keep smiling at each other as Rose, and occasionally one of the others, gave us a running commentary on the lift's movements all the way to the 17th floor! I'm not sure what the other passengers made of it!
The doctor was an interesting guy (in the wrong sense!).  He managed to culturally offend me at a rate of about one comment per 30 seconds with his comments on Rose's "unladylike" behaviour. I rather suspect his daughters are not allowed to be anything other than be proper princesses with an ate each who dresses them, mollycoddles them and does everything for them.  I'd rather have my daughter with her spirit than one of his.

No comments: