It was that time of year again - October break and a trip to Calapan. I am thankful our children love it there because we do too and it always relaxes and refreshes me, although as a result I often return more tired than I left as I uncoil!
We have a short window to retreat this month as October break was experimental beginning on a Thurs and ending next Weds. Not as long as having two weekends to bracket it. Plus Steve is heading to Singapore on Monday so we headed off dark and early with some friends. On the boat, we ended up sitting outside as the seats were all taken inside and the other side was being cleaned! It was a lot fresher than inside but the seats were not too comfy. The kids loved it though as they could stand at the rail almost the whole time - when not eating their way through our fairly unhealthy selection of snacks.
At one point, Josh was stood at the railing and when he returned to us, he only had one shoe on. His other - a red Croc - had fallen overboard! He was pretty upset about it, although we weren't too bothered. As it was the only pair we had brought, Steve promised he would take him to get some new shoes when we were in Calapan. Then the two of them played bowling on the iTouch so all was well with the world again.
No comments:
Post a Comment